+zdbbl recommended value

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Mon Jul 15 10:38:24 EDT 2013

Hi,

We had an issue in 1.4 where 2i operations were timing out, after going
through support we were suggested to use "+zdbbl 16384", on the
"Configuring Riak Docs" it is strongly suggested (unless doc need to be
re-phrased) it should be higher:

*Source:*
http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/cookbooks/configuration/Configuring-Riak/

At the end of such doc there is the following fragment and we would like
to know if there is a kind of all situations balanced value and the
implications:

      Performance & Capacity settings

It is strongly recommended that the following values be set in the Riak
|vm.args| configuration file, which is located in the |/etc/riak| or
|/opt/riak/etc| folder.

## This setting is not present in default Riak installations, so
## it should be added.  In some cases, a value of 128000 may be
## appropriate.
+zdbbl96000

## This setting is present in default Riak installations, so
## its value should be edited.
-env ERL_MAX_PORTS16384

Kind regards,

Guido.