+zdbbl recommended value

Jared Morrow jared at basho.com
Mon Jul 15 10:58:58 EDT 2013

Guido,

So higher +zdbbl numbers will allow for larger message buffers, but at the
expense of memory usage.  We've actually added better wording in the
default vm.args file for 1.4+
https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/master/rel/files/vm.args#L40

So I guess the best answer is trial & error.  We added 32MB commented out
in the vm.args, but it can go much higher than that (around 2gb is the true
max).  I think most people have found setting it to 32768 helps without too
much memory usage penalty.

-Jared