Quickly deleting + recreating item in Riak deletes new item

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Wed Jul 17 01:33:48 EDT 2013

On July 16, 2013 12:00:36 PM Gabriel Littman wrote:
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the right answer is doing a GET
> first so you have a vector clock that is after the delete.  Then you should
> be able to be sure your new write wins in any sibling resolution.
>
> Gabe

I would assume this to be the case.  I've even made sure my delete requests
all have vclocks attached (by doing a GET first).  However I still see missing
keys every so often.

By making each key unique across runs of the test suite seems to solve things,
but I don't like that as a solution.  And I'm not sure if this is an actual
bug or not.  If this behaviour is considered a bug, I can try making a minimal
reproducible test case and file a bug using that.
--
Matthew