Add CentOs riak node to Existing RHEL node cluster

Seth Thomas sthomas at basho.com
Wed Jul 17 09:46:36 EDT 2013

1. There should be no issue adding the same release version of node between operating systems. That said any performance differences between kernels and hardware could make the latencies a bit more unpredictable.

2. This has come up before so I'll link to the excellent response by Jon Meredith: http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2012-August/009133.html

We're currently on 1.4 though so you may want to step through the 1.3 and then 1.4 upgrades additionally. Post 1.2 we have capability negotiation so one can run mixed clusters.

--
Seth Thomas