riak_kv_memory_backend in production

Jared Morrow jared at basho.com
Thu Jul 18 11:15:43 EDT 2013

Kumar,

We have a few customers who use the memory backend.  The first example I
could find (with the help of our CSE team) uses the memory backend on 8
machines with 12gb of ram each.

I know you are just testing right now, but we'd suggest using 5 node
minimum.  With N=3 on a 3-node cluster you could be writing multiple
replicas to the same machine.

Good luck in your testing,
-Jared