Help... Something is wrong with my restore

Mark Wagner mwagner72 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 13:40:09 EDT 2013

Here is what I am doing:   on OSX

# Install riak on my local OSX development box
brew install riak

riak start
riak-admin test
Successfully completed 1 read/write cycle to 'riak at 127.0.0.1'
riak stop

#goto the default data directory setup by brew
cd ~/Developer/Cellar/riak/1.3.1-x86_64/libexec/data/bitcask/

# create a bitcask directory and copy the bitcask data into it
cp -r ~/Downloads/riak/var/lib/riak/bitcask/* ./

riak start
riak-admin test
Failed to read test value: {error,{insufficient_vnodes,0,need,1}}

I thought bitcask data just need to be copied in... and it would work??

--
Mark Wagner, Web & Mobile Developer
*:coderow*