What is the purpose of "rel" links?

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Mon Jul 22 10:19:40 EDT 2013

Hi, Age.

The Link header in HTTP as used by Riak is defined by RFC 5988. In the Link Relation Type registry (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988#section-6.2.2) you can see that the relation type "up" refers to a parent document in a hierarchy of documents. In Riak, this means the bucket a key is in.

These are not Riak's own links, but rather an additional use of the Link header form which may be useful to some clients.

I hope that this helps.

-Justin