Performance problem: put operation takes seconds

Christian Dahlqvist christian at basho.com
Mon Jul 22 12:43:43 EDT 2013

Hi,

If you do not have siblings enabled and are certain ALL values are small, there are a few other things that can cause performance problems:

- Are you running key or bucket listings?
- Are you running secondary index queries or mapreduce jobs?
- Can you confirm you have disabled swap?
- Are you monitoring riak statistics? Do you have a graph of the latencies you can share?

Also, can you provide the complete output from statistics when the slowdown happens for us to look at?

Best regards,

Christian