Performance problem: put operation takes seconds

ks ksafonov at rutarget.ru
Mon Jul 22 15:36:50 EDT 2013

Hi Christian,

> Are you running key or bucket listings?
> Are you running secondary index queries or mapreduce jobs?
Nope, we only do com.basho.riak.client.bucket.Bucket.fetch() and .store().
There's no other usages of Riak client library in our code.

> Can you confirm you have disabled swap?
Yes.

> Are you monitoring riak statistics? Do you have a graph of the latencies
> you can share?
We're monitoring Riak stats by parsing http://<node>:8098/stats response.
These are graphs taken for the last 3 hours. Red-green-blue mean three nodes
in the cluster.

If needed, I can share complete output from the stats.

Thanks,
 Kirill