How to create a Jinterface node and cluster for Java Client Benchmark with Basho Bench

jerryjyuan jerryjyuan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 12:38:09 EDT 2013

Hi Russell,

Thanks a lot for your helpful feedbacks about my question, and the following
is what you described about the bench_shim Jinterface wrapper for the RJC:

https://github.com/basho/bench_shim
The bench_shim is a JInterface wrapper for the RJC. I don't know if it works
with the current version of the client though.

I have followed the instructions about building and running the Jinterface
node like below:

  git clone git://github.com/basho/bench_shim.git
  mvn clean install
  mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="com.basho.riak.bench.BenchShimApp"
-Dexec.classpathScope=runtime -Dexec.args="nodename at host.local MY_COOKIE"

And based on the sample configuration file "riakc_java.config":

{riakc_java_nodes, [{'java at riakhost1.lan', {127,0,0,1}, 8087},
{'java at riakhost2.lan', {127,0,0,1}, 8087}, {'java at riakhost3.lan',
{127,0,0,1}, 8087}]}.

It is using the following information for each Jinterface node:
{'java at riakhost1.lan', {127,0,0,1}, 8087}

Then how do we know what the above information is from the above
configurations and running commands ? such as the port 8087, etc. Also why
does the above data use "{127,0,0,1}" instead of dot separation ?

Also inside the above command:
    -Dexec.args="nodename at host.local MY_COOKIE"

How do we define the information like host.local, etc. ?

I know these questions might be straightforward, but this is my first time
to use bench_shim, and I am not sure where in the document has some
descriptions about these.

Thanks in advance for all your help and feedbacks.

Thanks.
Jerry