Riak not binding to anything but localhost

John Le Drew jp at antz29.com
Wed Jul 24 08:14:01 EDT 2013

Hi there

Trying to get a simple Riak Cluster configured on some VMs. I'm using
Ubuntu 12.04 and compiled Riak 1.4 from source. It will start up fine
when bound to 127.0.0.1 but after changing the IP in app.config and
vm.args it no longer starts.

The only output I get from Riak start is:

Node 'riak at 192.168.123.10' not responding to pings.

I bet more (obviously) from riak console, this is in the Gist linked below.

All the relevant config files, console outputs and log files are here:

https://gist.github.com/antz29/f159b7e5400af22dacd8

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

John