Setting up my Riak architecture

prog112 prog112 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:51:06 EDT 2013

Hello.
I'm currently developing my database relationships with my other server
applications and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to approach it.
Here's what I'm wondering about:

1) How does accessing Riak really work? Currently I'm having one machine
with all my tools (Riak, master server, dynamic game server instnaces) on
it. My database is set up on 127.0.0.1 in /etc/riak/app.config does it mean
it can only be accessed from localhost?
2) Say later on I'm going to have more seperate machines to run my game
server nodes. My game servers do require to get some info about players from
the database. Should I connect to database directly from those game servers
instances or should I do it via master server? Won't master server get too
much traffic then though? How can I connect to database from my game servers
anyway if they're at separate machines?

What do you guys think? All feedback will be very appreciated.