Tweaking app.config and vm.args for best performance

Dave Brady dbrady at weborama.com
Wed Jul 24 11:02:02 EDT 2013

Hi rsb,

In app.config:

{riak_api, [
%% Set TCP_NODELAY
{disable_pb_nagle, true}
]},

{riak_core, [
%% Set TCP_NODELAY
{disable_http_nagle, true}
]},

--
Dave Brady

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guido Medina" <guido.medina at temetra.com>
To: "riak-users" <riak-users at lists.basho.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:29:06 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: Re: Tweaking app.config and vm.args for best performance

I'm not sure, I would suggest you to go through release notes, the link I sent you is for the latest version which is 1.4, depending on the version of Riak you want to use or required to use different settings/tuning apply, go chronologically from 1st relevant version to last and see what applies to you and what have changed:

Riak 1.2.1 : https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.2/RELEASE-NOTES.md
Riak 1.3.2: https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.3/RELEASE-NOTES.md
Riak 1.4: https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.4/RELEASE-NOTES.md

The same applies for tuning doc, it is different per version, I guess you already figured out how to locate each.

HTH,

Guido.