riak 1.4.0 upgrade failed

kzhang kzhang at wayfair.com
Thu Jul 25 09:03:53 EDT 2013

I upgraded the riak clustered with 5 nodes. Unfortunately, after I upgraded
the first node, the other four nodes all went down. I am not sure what
caused the downtime. There was a erl_crash.dump on all five, with similar
content:

=erl_crash_dump:0.1
Wed Jul 24 11:37:56 2013
Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_terminated,riak_control,shutdown})
System version: Erlang R15B01 (erts-5.9.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:32:32]
[async-threads:64] [kernel-poll:true]
Compiled: Thu Jun 20 14:22:45 2013
Taints: eleveldb,crypto,dyntrace
Atoms: 18102