Dangling keys/objects after a batch of sequential inserts (for going on 3 days)

Siraaj Khandkar siraaj at khandkar.net
Thu Jul 25 11:10:02 EDT 2013

On 07/22/2013 07:52 PM, Siraaj Khandkar wrote:
> On 07/22/2013 10:29 AM, Andrew Thompson wrote:
>> You should be doing a GET before the PUT with the deletedvclock option.
>>
>> Here is an example I used to originally test (and fix) this bug:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/Vagabond/965376#file-delete_bug-erl-L48
>>
>> Sadly, because of backwards compatability issues, it was not possible to
>> default deletedvclock to be 'on'. Perhaps enough time has passed to
>> revisit that now. All the client libraries should understand the
>> message now.
>>

> Ah! This makes total sense now - how can there be a resolution without a
> vclock? There cannot.

So, why the objects got deleted makes sense, but it still bothers me
that it took ~3 days for the indices to reach consistency.

There are no other buckets on that cluster and the network load was
pretty minuscule during that time - 1-2 requests per second, if that.

Can you guys shed some light there for me?

Thanks!