SSL certificates and Riak CS

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Jul 31 01:14:27 EDT 2013

Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I didn't spot anything.

What sort of SSL certificate do you need to get to cover all the
subdomains that may exist for a Riak CS instance?

As I understand it, each bucket gets turned into a subdomain, so you'd
need an SSL cert covering *.s3.example.com, *.*.s3.example.com,
*.*.*.s3.example.com and so forth... The problem is that AFAICT you
can't buy SSL certs with any more than one wildcard in them.

What are other people doing for this in the wild? I presume there's some
way to do this, or else all the other S3-like systems wouldn't work over
HTTPS!

Cheers,
Toby