combining Riak (CS) and Spark/shark by speaking over s3 protocol

Geert-Jan Brits gbrits at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 04:43:20 EDT 2013

Dan,

Not sure if I understand the "renaming objects"-problem in Riak CS. Can you
elaborate?

 "I believe smaller object sizes would not be nearly as efficient as
working with plain Riak if only because of the overhead incurred by Riak
CS". Does this mean lack of efficiency in disk storage, in-mem or both?
Moreover I'm having this nagging thought that having to dig through the
manifest to find the blocks will severely impact read latency for
(multi-key) lookups as opposed to the normal bitcask / levelDB lookup.  Is
this correct?

Best,
Geert-Jan