[ANN] Weekly Riak Community Hangout (1st one happening shortly)

John Daily jdaily at basho.com
Fri Nov 8 13:03:28 EST 2013

The Basho TE team is kicking off a new weekly forum an hour from now: the Riak Community Hangout[1].

Most[2] Fridays at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern/7pm[3] GMT we'll be holding a 15-30 minute, development-focused Google Hangout, with the video to be posted later on YouTube[4].

A primary focus for coming weeks will be the new features in Riak 2.0. Today we'll talk data types (CRDTs) and Riak Search (Yokozuna), with Mark Phillips leading the discussion, and Basho hackers Sean Cribbs, Brett Hazen, and Luke Bakken participating.

Future episodes will focus on Riak / Riak CS internals, application building (e.g., "How to build a session store on Riak"), and the Riak / Riak CS development process. We'll also be looking for brave souls from the community to participate and talk about what they are building. Let us know what topics you'd like to see covered.

Please feel free to tune in each week, and send questions via IRC[5] or Twitter[6].

[1] The Hangout URL will be published on this list and via Twitter (@basho) shortly before it begins
[2] Barring holidays or other major scheduling conflicts
[3] 7pm GMT will be true until next spring's DST time change in the US
[4] http://www.youtube.com/user/BashoTechnologies
[5] #riak on irc.freenode.net
[6] Reply to @basho or whoever is running that week's hangout; today our fearless leader @pharkmillups will be hosting

-John