Has Riak 2.0 solved the leveldb delete key free disk space issue?

Greg Burd greg at basho.com
Tue Nov 12 12:55:27 EST 2013

While LevelDB does eventually free up space on disk by eliminating deleted
keys during SST compactions it doesn't do so "aggressively", as Matthew
indicated and hence our name for the fix.  This is problem you've been
experiencing and we're working on it and hope to have it tested and
integrated into the 2.0.0 release.

-greg

@gregburd | Basho Technologies | Riak | http://basho.com | @basho