Riak occasionally not storing objects

David Greenstein dave at collaborate.com
Wed Oct 23 14:36:11 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I have a Riak cluster with 5 nodes on AWS m1.large instances, all using EBS deadline scheduling. The cluster is accessed via node.js and the riak-js library using the HTTP protocol. I’ve tried it with and without connection pooling. All software has been updated to the latest versions.

Occasionally, riak seems to not store an object I try to save. I have run tcpdump on the node receiving the request to ensure it is receiving the http packets with the correct JSON from the client. When the issue occurs the node is in fact receiving the request with the correct JSON.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Any hints on how to debug the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Dave