Riak ring size

John Kavanagh john at kavanista.com
Thu Oct 3 12:18:00 EDT 2013

Thanks Matthew , we are actually using Bitcask with 128Gb RAM per node.

John

On 3 Oct 2013, at 17:10, Matthew Von-Maszewski <matthewv at basho.com> wrote:

John,

If you are using leveldb as Riak's backend, keep in mind that each vnode requires a fixed amount of memory (set via max_open_files and cache_size in app.config).  Recently had one user attempt too many vnodes on a 4Gbyte machine.  He populated data to the point of memory overflow … then migration out of that mess took days.

Matthew