Bucket properties not updated

Daniel Iwan iwan.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:39:38 EDT 2013

Hi

With Java client 1.1.3 and Riak 1.3.1
I'm doing:

        WriteBucket wb =
iclient.createBucket(BUCKET_NAME).nVal(3).allowSiblings(true);
        Bucket b = wb.execute();

_logger.fine("Regular bucket: " + bucket + ", allows siblings? " +
bucket.getAllowSiblings());

        DomainBucketBuilder< MyObjectInRiak > builder =
DomainBucket.builder(bucket, MyObjectInRiak.class);

        builder.r(RIAK_TX_R_VALUE);
        builder.w(RIAK_TX_W_VALUE);
        builder.rw(RIAK_TX_RW_VALUE);
        builder.returnDeletedVClock(true);
        builder.returnBody(true);
        builder.basicQuorum(false);

with custom resolver, mutator and converter.
This code runs on 3 servers at the same time during a test and I know Riak
db is empty
and bucket BUCKET_NAME does not exist.

log shows that all 3 servers see allowSibbling set to true, but
occasionally test fails and curl shows allow_multi is false on that bucket!

Is there any delay, race condition etc in Riak, or client library. that
would explain why that bucket property is not set?
During a test vnode transfer occurs but that should not matter I guess?

Regards
Daniel