Question about Hooks & Nodes

Tristan Foureur esya at me.com
Thu Oct 17 12:17:18 EDT 2013

Hi,

My question is simple, but really I cannot find a clear answer anywhere in the documentation. I understand how a cluster works, and how a hook works, but if you have a hook on a certain bucket and commit to a node on that bucket, is the hook triggered only on that node, on all the nodes, or only on the nodes that will actually host that key?

I ask this because I deployed my pre-commit hook to one node only, and then sometimes the insert failed telling me my precommit hook was "undef", and it was fixed by deploying the hook to all vnodes.

Thanks!