1.4.2: 'riak-admin reip' no longer works?

Dave Brady dbrady at weborama.com
Mon Oct 21 07:59:37 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

So, I went to copy /var/lib/riak/* from one five-node cluster to another, so that we could experiment on the data.

I did this fairly frequently in the past (< 1.4.0), and always used "riak-admin reip <old> <new>".

Now, when I try that command on our 1.4.2 ring, 'riak-admin' dies with "Node is not running!"

This confuses me, since "reip" requires the ring to be down, but the "riak-admin" script is indeed expecting the local node to be running when using this option.

I see on the wiki that it is mentioned that "cluster replace" will replace "reip" in the future.  I hope not, since "cluster replace" does not provide the same functionality.

Anyone run into this and find a fix?  (Or I am missing something obvious?)

Thanks!

--
Dave Brady