Riak CS with a NFS storage backend

John Daily jdaily at basho.com
Mon Oct 21 09:54:49 EDT 2013

If you really want an S3 API layer around NFS, I suspect you'd be better off taking the code from Riak CS and creating your own solution than attempting this approach.

One example of how this would run into trouble: if any server fails, nearly every large object would be unavailable because of the N=1 replication factor. The data itself would be available via NFS, but the server that's supposed to serve up those chunks wouldn't.

-John