Riak occasionally not storing objects

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Wed Oct 23 17:32:53 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 04:57:12PM -0400, David Greenstein wrote:

> One other thing that might be worth mentioning here is the writes I’m mentioning are actually updates to existing objects. The object exists, an attempt to write an update for the object appears to be received by a node, but the object maintains it’s original value.
>
> Any help you can provide to debug this would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Ok, that changes things a lot. You're running with allow_mult=false, so
Riak will automatically resolve siblings for you if you create them. Are
you doing 'get before put' for your updates? That is, doing the PUT with
the vclock of the old value, or are you doing 'new' puts with a blank
vector clock?

Andrew