benchmark results on my $75/month 5 node cluster :)

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Sun Oct 27 20:37:10 EDT 2013

Thanks,
it's interesting to hear of what performance other people are achieving
with Riak.

With a not-too-dissimilarly-configured[1] basho_bench test, we see
throughput between 6000-7000 ops/sec. get/put latencies are under 2/4ms
respectively for mean values, and under 6/12ms for 99th percentile.

This is on real (non-virtual) hardware, but not high-end gear.
Hopefully we're not too too far off what can reasonably be achieved.

-T

[1: Test parameters:
   {concurrent, 16}.
   {driver, basho_bench_driver_riakc_pb}.
   {key_generator, {int_to_bin, {uniform_int, 10000}}}.
   {value_generator, {fixed_bin, 10000}}.
   {riakc_pb_replies, 1}.
   {operations, [{get, 3}, {put, 1} ]}.
]