Slow bucket create/delete in Riak CS

David Whittington djwhitt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:12:27 EDT 2014

In testing Riak CS I've noticed that buckets that have had a lot of object
updates take a while to delete even if they're empty at the time of
deletion. Also, after deletion, creating a new bucket with the same name
takes a similar amount of time. This effect seems to persist indefinitely.

Here's an example: https://gist.github.com/djwhitt/9480a1adb52a4b87d246

While this isn't a huge problem since the operation ultimately succeeds and
it doesn't need to be super fast for my use case, it does make me curious.
What is going on here? Is something not getting cleaned up properly? Anyone
else experiencing anything like this?

--
David Whittington