Cluster aware clients

Paul Barry paul.barry at temetra.com
Fri Aug 15 09:18:46 EDT 2014

We’ve been using Riak with Java client for more than two years in production, and best solution is ha-proxy.
Your Java client connects to one ha-proxy, configured for round-robin to all the nodes. We run ha-proxy on our front-ends, so clients always connect to localhost.

If you’re planning to add or remove a node, just reconfigure ha-proxy and reload it (instant with no down-time).
ha-proxy also gives you much better control over how unexpected failures are dealt with automatically.

pb