Cluster aware clients

Daniel Simms daniel.simms at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:32:25 EDT 2014

< 2.0 the java cluster client was actively unhelpful (in that it didn't
track node health, so if one node was down, the client would regularly try
it still, IIRC), and a client-local haproxy (or such) is the way to go.

>= 2.0 the java cluster client looks like it's smarter about tracking node
health (but I'm not using it in anger and therefore don't know if it's
otherwise suitable and would be curious if anyone is happily using it
without haproxy)