Cluster aware clients

Tom Santero tsantero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:46:51 EDT 2014

My preference is for each client application node to connect to an instance
of haproxy on the localhost, that way cluster changes only requires
updating and reloading the haproxy config--which is cleaner and safer for
production services.

An example haxproxy config can be found on the Riak docs:
http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/configs/load-balancing-proxy/#HAProxy