Did a force-remove of two nodes, now system is unresponsive

marcel.koopman marcel.koopman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:18:07 EDT 2014

We have a 5 node riak cluster.
Two nodes in this cluster, had to be removed because they are no longer
available (since a half year).
So a force remove was done.

After this, the 3 remaining nodes began to transfer all data. So we ended up
with a complete unresponsive system. The iowait is blocking us now.
So we are hoping that this will settle today, the next transaction was
actually adding two new nodes.

And yes this is production, Is there any chance we lost data?