Riak Search Issue

Alex De la rosa alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:00:37 EDT 2014


Yes, I did it in purpose, because I did so many testings that I wanted to
start fresh... so I kinda translated the documentation, but that is
irrelevant to the case.

Thanks,
Alex


On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Eric Redmond <eredmond at basho.com> wrote:

> Your steps seemed to have named the index "famoso".
>
> Eric
>
>
> On Aug 18, 2014, at 1:56 PM, Alex De la rosa <alex.rosa.box at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Ok, I found the first error in the documentation, parameters are in
> reverse order:
>
> bucket = client.bucket('animals', 'cats')
>
> should be:
>
> bucket = client.bucket('cats', 'animals')
>
> Now I could save and it found the bucket type: bucket =
> client.bucket('fcb','futbolistas') VS bucket = client.bucket('futbolistas',
> 'fcb')
>
> However, even fixing that, the next step fails as it was failing before:
>
> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
> PYTHON:
>   bucket = client.bucket('fcb','futbolistas')
>   results = bucket.search('name_s:Lion*')
>   print results
> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "x.py", line 13, in <module>
>     results = bucket.search('name_s:Lion*')
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/bucket.py", line 420,
> in search
>     return self._client.fulltext_search(self.name, query, **params)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
> line 184, in wrapper
>     return self._with_retries(pool, thunk)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
> line 126, in _with_retries
>     return fn(transport)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
> line 182, in thunk
>     return fn(self, transport, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/operations.py",
> line 573, in fulltext_search
>     return transport.search(index, query, **params)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/transport.py",
> line 564, in search
>     MSG_CODE_SEARCH_QUERY_RESP)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/connection.py",
> line 50, in _request
>     return self._recv_msg(expect)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/connection.py",
> line 142, in _recv_msg
>     raise RiakError(err.errmsg)
> riak.RiakError: 'No index <<"fcb">> found.'
>
> Again it says "fcb" index not found... and this time I fully followed the
> right documentation and didn't use "bucket.enable_search()"
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
>
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Alex De la rosa <alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> I'm sorry but I followed the documentation that you provided me and still
>> raises issues:
>>
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> STEP 1: Create Index: famoso
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> PYTHON:
>>   client.create_search_index('famoso')
>>
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> STEP 2: Create Bucket Type: futbolistas
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> SHELL:
>>   riak-admin bucket-type create futbolistas
>> '{"props":{"search_index":"famoso"}}'
>>   => futbolistas created
>>   riak-admin bucket-type activate futbolistas
>>   => futbolistas has been activated
>>
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> STEP 3: Create Bucket and Add data: fcb
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> PYTHON:
>>   bucket = client.bucket('futbolistas', 'fcb')
>>   c = bucket.new('lionel', {'name_s': 'Lionel', 'age_i': 30, 'leader_b':
>> True})
>>   c.store()
>>
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ERROR: This time it doesn't even let me save data into Riak
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "x.py", line 10, in <module>
>>     c = bucket.new('lionel', {'name_s': 'Lionel', 'age_i': 30,
>> 'leader_b': True})
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/bucket.py", line 159,
>> in new
>>     if self.bucket_type.datatype:
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/util.py", line 78, in
>> __get__
>>     value = self.fget(obj)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/bucket.py", line 618,
>> in datatype
>>     return self.get_properties().get('datatype')
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/bucket.py", line 557,
>> in get_properties
>>     return self._client.get_bucket_type_props(self)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
>> line 184, in wrapper
>>     return self._with_retries(pool, thunk)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
>> line 126, in _with_retries
>>     return fn(transport)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
>> line 182, in thunk
>>     return fn(self, transport, *args, **kwargs)
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/operations.py", line
>> 265, in get_bucket_type_props
>>     return transport.get_bucket_type_props(bucket_type)
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/transport.py",
>> line 381, in get_bucket_type_props
>>     MSG_CODE_GET_BUCKET_RESP)
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/connection.py",
>> line 50, in _request
>>     return self._recv_msg(expect)
>>   File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/connection.py",
>> line 142, in _recv_msg
>>     raise RiakError(err.errmsg)
>> riak.RiakError: 'Invalid bucket type: <<"fcb">>'
>>
>> How to solve that? Is step by step the documentation provided.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Eric Redmond <eredmond at basho.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The correct way to set up and use search is in the documentation. Be
>>> wary of any external sources, as they may be referring to Riak Search prior
>>> to 2.0.
>>>
>>> http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0/dev/using/search/
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>
>>>
>>> On Aug 18, 2014, at 12:41 PM, Alex De la rosa <alex.rosa.box at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Eric,
>>>
>>> I see! Understood, could you provide a little full example on how it
>>> should work? Because I think I also tried without it and failed.
>>>
>>> Luke told me to try using the GIT version one see if is a bug that was
>>> already fixed there.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> On Monday, August 18, 2014, Eric Redmond <eredmond at basho.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Alex,
>>>>
>>>> Don't call enable_search(). That enables *old* Riak Search (it sets the
>>>> property "search":true). To revert that setting, bucket.set_property("search",
>>>> False)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Aug 18, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Alex De la rosa <alex.rosa.box at gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi Luke,
>>>>
>>>> As an alternative version and following the Python Client Documentation
>>>> I tried these steps without a bucket_type (although I ended in the same
>>>> error):
>>>>
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> STEP 1: CREATE SEARCH INDEX: mywantedindex
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> PYTHON:
>>>>   client.create_search_index('mywantedindex')
>>>>
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> STEP 2: VERIFY INDEX
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> CURL:
>>>>   http://RIAK:8098/search/index/mywantedindex
>>>> <http://riak:8098/search/index/mywantedindex>
>>>>   => {"name":"mywantedindex","n_val":3,"schema":"_yz_default"}
>>>>
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> STEP 3: CREATE BUCKET: pleasework3
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> PYTHON:
>>>>   bucket = client.bucket('pleasework3')
>>>>   bucket.enable_search()
>>>>   bucket.set_property('search_index', 'mywantedindex')
>>>>
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> STEP 4: VERIFY BUCKET PROPS
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> CURL:
>>>>   http://RIAK:8098/riak/pleasework3 <http://riak:8098/riak/pleasework3>
>>>>    =>
>>>> {"props":{"allow_mult":false,"basic_quorum":false,"big_vclock":50,"chash_keyfun":{"mod":"riak_core_util","fun":"chash_std_keyfun"},"dvv_enabled":false,"dw":"quorum","last_write_wins":false,"linkfun":{"mod":"riak_kv_wm_link_walker","fun":"mapreduce_linkfun"},"n_val":3,"name":"pleasework3","notfound_ok":true,"old_vclock":86400,"postcommit":[],"pr":0,"precommit":[],"pw":0,"r":"quorum","rw":"quorum","search":true,"search_index":"mywantedindex","small_vclock":50,"w":"quorum","young_vclock":20}}
>>>>
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> RESULT: ERROR!
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>> PYTHON:
>>>>   print bucket.search('name=Felix')
>>>>   => riak.RiakError: 'No index <<"pleasework3">> found.'
>>>>
>>>> At least I can see the "search_index":"mywantedindex" prop set up
>>>> properly in the bucket but still getting the same error no matter what I
>>>> try; I think is possible there is a bug in the Python client?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Alex
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Alex De la rosa <
>>>> alex.rosa.box at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> In case is of help, here are the steps I followed:
>>>>>
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> STEP 1: CREATE SEARCH INDEX: mywantedindex
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> PYTHON:
>>>>>   client.create_search_index('mywantedindex')
>>>>>
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> STEP 2: VERIFY INDEX
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> CURL:
>>>>>   http://RIAK:8098/search/index/mywantedindex
>>>>> <http://riak:8098/search/index/mywantedindex>
>>>>>   => {"name":"mywantedindex","n_val":3,"schema":"_yz_default"}
>>>>>
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> STEP 3: CREATE BUCKET TYPE: anothertry
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> SHELL:
>>>>>   riak-admin bucket-type create anothertry
>>>>> '{"props":{"search_index":"mywantedindex"}}'
>>>>>   => anothertry created
>>>>>   riak-admin bucket-type activate anothertry
>>>>>   => anothertry has been activated
>>>>>
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> STEP 4: CREATE BUCKET TO STORE OBJECTS: pleasework
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> PYTHON:
>>>>>   bucket = client.bucket_type('anothertry').bucket('pleasework')
>>>>>   bucket.enable_search()
>>>>>   bucket.set_property('search_index', 'mywantedindex')
>>>>>   key = bucket.new('cat-1', data={"name":"Felix","species":"Felis
>>>>> catus"}, content_type='application/json')
>>>>>    key.store()
>>>>>   print bucket.search('name=Felix')
>>>>>
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> RESULT: ERROR!
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
>>>>> riak.RiakError: 'No index <<"pleasework">> found.'
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Alex
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Alex De la rosa <
>>>>> alex.rosa.box at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Luke,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Yes, I'm using the version 2.1.0rc1 installed via PIP as explained by
>>>>>> Sean in another thread here.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>> Alex
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Luke Bakken <lbakken at basho.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Alex,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'll work on reproducing this error, thank you for the details. I'm
>>>>>>> assuming you're using the 2.1.0rc1 version of the Python client
>>>>>>> available here:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=riak#downloads
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Luke Bakken
>>>>>>> CSE
>>>>>>> lbakken at basho.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Alex De la rosa
>>>>>>> <alex.rosa.box at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> > Hi Luke,
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Same error:
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > bucket = client.bucket_type('animals').bucket('cats')
>>>>>>> > bucket.enable_search()
>>>>>>> > bucket.set_property('search_index', 'famous') # NEW: Setting the
>>>>>>> search
>>>>>>> > index to the bucket
>>>>>>> > key = bucket.new('feliz', data={"name":"Felix","species":"Felis
>>>>>>> catus"},
>>>>>>> > content_type='application/json')
>>>>>>> > key.store()
>>>>>>> > print bucket.search('name=Felix')
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Output:
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>> >   File "x.py", line 11, in <module>
>>>>>>> >     print bucket.search('name=Felix')
>>>>>>> >   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/bucket.py",
>>>>>>> line 420, in
>>>>>>> > search
>>>>>>> >     return self._client.fulltext_search(self.name, query,
>>>>>>> **params)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
>>>>>>> > line 184, in wrapper
>>>>>>> >     return self._with_retries(pool, thunk)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
>>>>>>> > line 126, in _with_retries
>>>>>>> >     return fn(transport)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/transport.py",
>>>>>>> > line 182, in thunk
>>>>>>> >     return fn(self, transport, *args, **kwargs)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/client/operations.py",
>>>>>>> > line 573, in fulltext_search
>>>>>>> >     return transport.search(index, query, **params)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/transport.py",
>>>>>>> > line 564, in search
>>>>>>> >     MSG_CODE_SEARCH_QUERY_RESP)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/connection.py",
>>>>>>> > line 50, in _request
>>>>>>> >     return self._recv_msg(expect)
>>>>>>> >   File
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak/transports/pbc/connection.py",
>>>>>>> > line 142, in _recv_msg
>>>>>>> >     raise RiakError(err.errmsg)
>>>>>>> > riak.RiakError: 'No index <<"cats">> found.'
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Thanks,
>>>>>>> > Alex
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Luke Bakken <lbakken at basho.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> Alex -
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> Let's take a step back and try out the "famous" index and
>>>>>>> "animals"
>>>>>>> >> bucket type, which you have confirmed are set up correctly. This
>>>>>>> >> (untested) code should create an object ("cat-1") in the "cats"
>>>>>>> bucket
>>>>>>> >> (within the "animals" bucket type), which will then be indexed by
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> >> "famous" index:
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> bucket = client.bucket_type('animals').bucket('cats')
>>>>>>> >> obj = RiakObject(client, bucket, 'cat-1')
>>>>>>> >> obj.content_type = 'application/json'
>>>>>>> >> obj.data = { 'name': 'Felix', 'species': 'Felis catus' }
>>>>>>> >> obj.store()
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> --
>>>>>>> >> Luke Bakken
>>>>>>> >> CSE
>>>>>>> >> lbakken at basho.com
>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>> >> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Alex De la rosa
>>>>>>> >> <alex.rosa.box at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> >> > Hi Luke,
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > I also tried with a normal bucket "cats" using the type
>>>>>>> "animals" as the
>>>>>>> >> > documentation seemed to suggest and gave me the same error but
>>>>>>> this time
>>>>>>> >> > saying that "cats" was not found as an index... so... still no
>>>>>>> clue how
>>>>>>> >> > to
>>>>>>> >> > do it.
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > This is an alternate code I did looking at the Python client API
>>>>>>> >> > documentation, etc...
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > client.create_search_index('men')
>>>>>>> >> > bucket = client.bucket('accounts')
>>>>>>> >> > bucket.enable_search()
>>>>>>> >> > bucket.set_property('search_index', 'men')
>>>>>>> >> > key = bucket.new('alex',
>>>>>>> data={"username":"Alex","age":25,"sex":"male"},
>>>>>>> >> > content_type='application/json')
>>>>>>> >> > key.store()
>>>>>>> >> > print bucket.search('sex=male')
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > Again, it says "accounts" is not an index... in this code no
>>>>>>> bucket
>>>>>>> >> > types
>>>>>>> >> > are used, just a plain bucket "accounts"... what is wrong? what
>>>>>>> is
>>>>>>> >> > missing
>>>>>>> >> > for it to work??
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > This is really frustrating.
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > Thanks,
>>>>>>> >> > Alex
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> >
>>>>>>> >> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Luke Bakken <lbakken at basho.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> Hi Alex -
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> You correctly created the "famous" index, as well as correctly
>>>>>>> >> >> associated it with the bucket *type* "animals". Note that a
>>>>>>> bucket
>>>>>>> >> >> type is not the same thing as a bucket in previous versions of
>>>>>>> Riak. A
>>>>>>> >> >> bucket type is a way to give 1 or more buckets within that
>>>>>>> type the
>>>>>>> >> >> same properties. You'll have to use different code in your
>>>>>>> Riak client
>>>>>>> >> >> to use bucket types:
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0/dev/advanced/bucket-types/
>>>>>>> >> >>
>>>>>>> >> >> --
>>>>>>> >> >> Luke Bakken
>>>>>>> >> >> CSE
>>>>>>> >> >> lbakken at basho.com
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> riak-users mailing list
>>>> riak-users at lists.basho.com
>>>> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20140818/b63c2981/attachment.html>


More information about the riak-users mailing list