Riak Search VS other query systems

Alex De la rosa alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 02:47:47 EDT 2014

Hi there,

I had been seeing lately Riak Search as an ultimate way to query Riak...
and it seems recommended to use over MapReduce and even 2i... said so...
should we try to always use Riak Search over the other systems?

Is there any situation in which MapReduce could be a better approach than
Riak Search?

Same goes for 2i... I believe 2i is an optimal approach if you just want
keys and know very well what are you looking for, but out of that, should
Riak Search try to replace all 2i uses?

Practical example: If you are twitter and want to get twits for the hashtag
#Riak, what would be the best approach? 2i? Riak Search? MapReduce?

Thanks!
Alex