Riak python client and Solr

Sapre, Meghna A meghna.a.sapre at intel.com
Tue Aug 19 16:08:13 EDT 2014

Hi,
  I am trying to use the group and stats options with riak search. I get expected results with http urls, but not with python-riak-client fulltext pbc search.
Here’s what I’m trying to do:

q = 'build.type:CI&group=on&group.field=build.version'
try:
                    search_results = riak_client.fulltext_search(self.Result_Index, q)
               except Exception as e:
                    print e
                    log.exception(e)

This throws an error: no field name specified in query and no default specified via 'df' param.

The same query string works without the group options, and the complete string works in the http API.
Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks,
Meghna