Riak VS Graph Databases

Alex De la rosa alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:54:36 EDT 2014

Hi there,

For some time already I have in mind building a kind of social network
myself. Is pretty ambitious project although it doesn't have in mind to be
a new facebook; but still data will be quite big and complex.

I like Riak and I had been following since version 0.14, and new additions
in Riak 2.0 seem to help a lot in how to model the data; although
relationships will be unavoidable.

Some friends suggested me to use Graph Databases instead. How would Riak
compare to Graph Databases for this use case? Is it doable to create a
social network entirely from Riak? Or may not be recommended?

Thanks!
Alex