Riak VS Graph Databases

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Fri Aug 29 11:20:11 EDT 2014

In a dream world my friend, we have Riak, PostgreSQL and Solr and might
have to include a sort of query-able Big Table implementation in the
future like Cassandra (we will try to avoid this last thing until we can't)

Your Graph DB will have trade off versus KV fetch in general, I don't
think you have the tools you need in Riak to find the relationships per
category nor the Riak advantages to do quick KV operations (data storage
wise) nor cluster replication.

It won't be that simple without many trade off to build an homogeneous
system.

Guido.