Yokozuna - inconsistent number of documents found for the same query

Eric Redmond eredmond at basho.com
Tue Dec 2 00:12:42 EST 2014

On Dec 1, 2014, at 8:57 PM, Ryan Zezeski <ryan at zinascii.com> wrote:

> Eric Redmond writes:
>
>> This is a known issue, and we're still working on a fix.
>>
>> https://github.com/basho/yokozuna/issues/426
>>

> I don't see how this issue is related to Oleksiy's problem. There is no
> mention of removing or adding nodes. I think the key part of Oleksiy's
> report is the association of an index _after_ data had already been
> written. That data is sometimes missing. These two issues could be
> related but I don't see anything in that GitHub report to indicate why.

The issue, sadly, hasn't been updated with what we know. It's mentioned in Zeeshan's gist, which should be moved to the main issue. But the issue is surrounding the AAE tree dropping documents, though we still aren't sure why. It initially appeared when adding/removing nodes, but noticed it could be reproduced by simply running AAE.

We'll update the issue.

>> On Nov 29, 2014, at 9:26 AM, Oleksiy Krivoshey <oleksiyk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> 1. Create a bucket, insert some keys (10 keys -  KeysA)
>>> 2. Create Yokozuna Index, associate it with the bucket
>>> 3. Add or update some new keys in the bucket (10 keys - KeysB)
>>> 4. Wait for Search AAE to build and exchange the trees
>>>
>>> Now when I issue a search query I will always get all 10 KeysB but a random amount of KeysA, for example the same query repeated 5 times may return:
>>>
>>> 10 KeysB + 2 KeysA
>>> 10 KeysB + 0 KeysA
>>> 10 KeysB + 7 KeysA
>>> 10 KeysB + 1 KeysA