How to re-index bucket for Riak Search

Jeffrey Peck chaimpeck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:29:27 EST 2014

I have a bucket with about 5 million objects, associated with a search index. I recently made a change to the schema and I would like Riak to re-index all data in the bucket.

Is this possible?

This is not for production. I am just experimenting, so it is not a major problem if I need to re-process everything, but I would like to know if there is a more efficient way to do this.

My guess would be to write a script that fetches objects from all keys in the bucket and re-inserts those objects, triggering a re-index. However, it seems like there should be a more efficient way.

Thanks!

- Chaim