PBC API call over TLS

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Fri Dec 12 10:37:08 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM, mtakahashi-ivi <mtakahashi at yourinventit.com
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Riak by using riak java client.
> Can I use PBC API call over TLS only with the library?

You must enable security on the Riak cluster (with all that entails). By
default a Riak 2.0 cluster will only enable TLS v1.2. If you configure the
new Riak Java Client correctly, it will use TLS on PBC requests. You might
also want to look into configuring the protocols available to your JVM:
https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/java_8_will_use_tls

> I think it's impossible.
> It would be helpful if someone could answer this question.
>

> Masanori Takahashi

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Sr. Software Engineer
Basho Technologies, Inc.