risk attach not working properly after operation

Oliver Soell oliver at soell.net
Wed Dec 17 14:57:40 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have a couple riak clusters and was operating on one this week. I updated the riak docker container on one of the nodes (updating from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, but using a completely different container source), and renamed the node at the same time (followed the “rename” process - downed old nodename, brought up node with no ring, cluster join, cluster force-replace).

That was all well and good, but now “riak attach” isn’t giving me the love I thought I should get:

(c_1494_riak at 172.29.18.183)1> {ok, Ring} = riak_core_ring_manager:get_my_ring().
** exception error: no match of right hand side value {error,no_ring}
(c_1494_riak at 172.29.18.183)2>

I’d done this before my upgrade and it returned the valid ring. I can successfully riak ping, riak-admin ring-status, etc.

Any idea what I did? Thanks!

cheers,
-o