risk attach not working properly after operation

Oliver Soell oliver at soell.net
Wed Dec 17 20:52:25 EST 2014

Had to fix the permission on the pipe but otherwise, riak attach-direct works like a charm. Thanks!

cheers,
-o

On December 17, 2014 at 8:40:11 PM, Ryan Zezeski (ryan at zinascii.com) wrote:

Oliver Soell writes:

> That was all well and good, but now “riak attach” isn’t giving me the love I thought I should get:
>
> (c_1494_riak at 172.29.18.183)1> {ok, Ring} = riak_core_ring_manager:get_my_ring().
> ** exception error: no match of right hand side value {error,no_ring}
> (c_1494_riak at 172.29.18.183)2>

This is because attach is a remote shell (a change introduced in 2.0.0 I
think). Either you need to use an rpc call or you can used riak
`attach-direct`. If you do the later remember to use Ctrl-D to exit, not
Ctrl-C.

-Z