datatypes, mapreduce & 2i

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Mon Dec 29 09:41:06 EST 2014

Hi Cezary,

Datatypes like sets do not create 2I entries. We hope to resolve this
limitation in a more holistic fashion in the near future. In the meantime,
you can use them with Search if you like.

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Cezary Kosko <koskocezarym at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've got 2 questions about riak's datatypes, mapreduce & 2i.
>
> First:
> If I wanted to run a mapred job on a bucket "setexmp" of type "sets",
> querying a "set_bin" index for value "abc", do I just write
> {"bucket":["sets","setexmp"], "index":"set_bin", "key":"abc"} in the
> "inputs" field of the job's definition?
>
> Second:
> What if I wanted to query 2 indexes at the same time? Is that even
> possible?
>
> Couldn't find any reference in the docs.
>
> Kind regards,
> Cezary

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Sr. Software Engineer