Riak Recap for January 8 - 14

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Jan 15 13:44:38 EST 2014

Morning, Afternoon, Evening to All -

We've got a great Recap for today. Enjoy and thanks for being a part of Riak.

Mark
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for January 8 - 14
======================

Basho rolled out some new product options for commercial support of
Riak and Riak CS yesterday. Normally the Recap is "enterprise free"
but a lot of feedback from you, the community, went into these new
offerings so we thought you should see them.
- http://basho.com/an-inside-look-bashos-decision-to-expand-open-source-options/

Numan Sachwani and 7Geese pushed our v.0.1.6 of Sunspear.
- https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sunspear/0.1.6

Malcolm Matalka of Klarna gave a talk about how he and his team are
using Riak to process millions of payments.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzFEMuKNX98

John Daily inked another great blog post. This one is all about
anti-patterns to look out for when developing against Riak.
- http://basho.com/riak-development-anti-patterns/

Ryan Zezeski et al. unleashed Yokozuna 0.13.0.
- http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2014-January/014382.html

Kaspar Bach Pedersen continues to be a driving force for Riak and PHP.
He just released a Laravel Auth/Reminder provider.
- https://github.com/TriKaspar/laravel-riak-auth

Hector "Fitz" Castro, Dmitri Zagidulin, and Stuart Halloway held the
6th installment of the RC Hangouts. This one was all about Datomic and
Riak.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD9UCfQohQE

Nlf et al. shipped v.1.1.0 of their Protocol Buffers package for
Node.js and Riak.
- https://npmjs.org/package/riakpbc

v.2.1.0 of nisaacson's Riak streaming client for Node.js shipped.
- https://npmjs.org/package/riaks

The team at ChatID released a Prosody interface for Riak.
- https://github.com/chatid/prosody-riak

Basho hacker Alex Moore posted his "Scaling Data Safety with Riak"
slides from Code Mesh over the weekend.
- https://speakerdeck.com/alexmoore/scaling-your-data-safely-with-riak

Meetups:

Hector "The Deacon" Castro is talking about Riak and Datomic at the
Clojadelphia meetup tonight.
- http://www.meetup.com/Clojadelphia/events/155920852/

Jordan West is talking about Riak 2.0 at the Portland Meetup on
Wednesday, January 22rd.
- http://www.meetup.com/Portland-Riak/events/157134982/

Seth Thomas is bringing Riak to the Denver / Boulder Cloud Computing
Meetup next week. This is happening on January 23rd and seats are
limited.
- http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Boulder-Cloud-Computing-Group/events/156330722/

Q & A

- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21096971/start-riak-dev-nodes-after-building-from-source