Yokozuna Bulk Insert

Jonathan Gividen jgividen at facilityone.com
Fri Jan 17 11:18:00 EST 2014

I'm running into a yokozuna/solr issue I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I'm have a 5 node dev cluster and I'm inserting ~200000 documents.  When I run searches on the data different numFounds are returned each time even though the query is the same.  I started looking at each shard individually and noticed that some documents (~2000 of them) were only indexed on 2 out of the 5 nodes so I issued a post to re-index each of these and the numFound values thereafter were correct/consistent.  My question is why would/how could the index only end up on 2 (instead of 3) shards and the system get into this state?
Thank you,
Jonathan