[ANN] Riak 2.0pre11

Luc Perkins lperkins at basho.com
Sat Jan 18 15:27:13 EST 2014

Dear Riak community,

We're excited to bring you our first "public" release of a 2.0 preview
since the tech preview that we unleashed at RICON West.

The list of changes is too long to trivially enumerate, as effectively all
of the new features (and some older ones) have been significantly improved,
but I'll throw out a few highlights:

* HTTP API for CRDTs
* CRDT support for Riak Search (codename Yokozuna)
* The schemas for riak.conf (cuttlefish) are frozen
* Reduced sibling creation, inspired by the dotted versions vectors
research from Preguiça, Baquero, et al[1]
* Many AAE improvements
* Solr 4.6.0 support in Riak Search
* You can now use AAE to migrate from legacy Riak search to the new Riak

You find the links of magical packed goodness on docs.basho.com[2].
Unfortunately, documentation is still under active development, so please
feel free to ask questions on the mailing list.

[1] http://arxiv.org/abs/1011.5808
[2] http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0pre11/downloads

-LP