consistency impact on performance

Luke Bakken lbakken at basho.com
Mon Jan 20 00:41:18 EST 2014

Hi Satoshi,

When using Riak, your object sizes should ideally be 1MB or less. A
330MB object will never result in acceptable Riak performance.

If you intend to store large objects like this I strongly recommend
using Riak CS, which will break up the object for you into chunks that
can be managed by Riak. It also provides an S3-compatible API.

Please read more about Riak CS here: http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/

Thanks
--
Luke Bakken