riak2 erlang mapreduce counters

Russell Brown russell.brown at me.com
Thu Jan 23 16:07:59 EST 2014

On 23 Jan 2014, at 20:51, Eric Redmond <eredmond at basho.com> wrote:

> For version 1.4 counters, riak_kv_pncounter. For 2.0 CRDT counters, riak_dt_pncounter.

As in, if the data was written in 1.4, or in 2.0 using the legacy, backwards compatible 1.4 API endpoints, the the type is risk_kv_pncounter. If the counter is 2.0, bucket types counter, then risk_dt_pncounter.

Really, we need to re-introduce the riak_kv_counter module for backwards compatibility, and add some friendly `value’ functions to risk_kv_crdt. I’m opening an issue for just this now.

The other option is to include the riak_kv_types.hrl and use the macros ?MAP_TYPE, ?SET_TYPE, ?V1_COUNTER_TYPE, ?COUNTER_TYPE for now, and assume that we’ll have some helper functions for MapReduce in before 2.0.

Cheers

Russell