Riak Search and Yokozuna Backup Strategy

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:06:07 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Matthew Von-Maszewski
<matthewv at basho.com>wrote:

> Google's designed leveldb to always assume it was not cleanly shutdown.
>  If the startup can read the most recent MANIFEST file, leveldb cleans up
> the rest of the mess.
>
> However, using the backup strategy previously discussed (backup sst_?
> directories numerically … rsync or tar) creates a scenario where the
> MANIFEST file is likely incorrect in a manner that leveldb will not detect
> (hmm … maybe it could detect it but no one thought to add a test).  That is
> why we always recommend (require!) that you manually run repair after a
> restore.

So, yes, but its not sufficient. Got it.  Thanks.

And I assume that currently requires attaching to the Riak console and
executing something like:

eleveldb:repair("/var/db/riak/leveldb/442446784738847563128068650529343492278651453440",
[]).

for every vnode LevelDB in any eleveldb backend?