last_write_wins

Russell Brown russell.brown at me.com
Thu Jan 30 05:46:05 EST 2014

On 30 Jan 2014, at 10:37, Edgar Veiga <edgarmveiga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also,
>
> Using last_write_wins = true, do I need to always send the vclock while on a PUT request? In the official documention it says that riak will look only at the timestamp of the requests.

Ok, from what you’ve said it sounds like you are always wanting to replace what is at a key with the new information you are putting. If that is the case, then you have the perfect use case for LWW=true. And indeed, you do not need to pass a vclock with your put request. And it sounds like there is no need for you to fetch-before-put since that is only to get context /resolve siblings. Curious about your use case if you can share more.

Cheers

Russell